The Smart Pole is a multi-functional pole: customers can select items to install on it, including public wireless equipment, sensors, cameras, streetlights, and signage.
The solution is expected to play a role in the future IoT society and mobility infrastructure in a sustainable way.
- Smart City - Home
- Smart Pole
What is the Smart Pole?
It is a unique multi-functional pole that KCME has developed.
Features include a meticulous design with options to install a cover for a unified look n the upper part of the pole and a separate signage box on the lower.
That makes it usable in a wide range of use cases in various locations.
01 Unique design
- - The pole has the same outer diameter from the base to the top and an octagonal section.
- - The top of the pole is flanged to attach various equipment.
- - The pole has a space inside to store cables.
- - Maintenance is easy.
02 Design cover
The design cover is to attach an antenna and equipment inside it to make them invisible from the outside.
- - It is cylinder-shaped (1 m in both height and diameter) and made from Fibre-reinforced plastic (FRP) that radio waves pass through easily.
- - The cover has openings in the upper and lower surfaces to let wind, rain, leaves, and others fall through.
- - The cover is divided into four parts and can be opened and closed only where necessary, enabling efficient work.
03 Signage box
The signage box is separate from the Smart Pole.
- - It is box-shaped (0.8 m wide x XX m long x 1.8 m high).
- - The upper part holds a signage display, and the lower accommodates equipment.
Expected use cases of the Smart Pole
The Smart Pole is expected to be installable in various places such as public lands managed by government agencies, schools, large commercial facilities, premises of factories and logistics centers, and parking lots.
List of equipment to be attached to the Smart Pole
Lighting equipment, security cameras, wireless communication equipment (e.g., Wi-Fi, local 5G), signage, and others
List of sponsors and supporters
- - COSMO SYSTEM CO., LTD.
- - DAIMEI TUSAN CORP.
- - Toshin Electric Co., Ltd.
- - NITTO KOGYO CORPORATION
- - NIPPON CONCRETE INDUSTRIES CO., LTD.
* In Japanese alphabetical order, titles omitted
[As of February 2022]
- We provide support for introducing and installing the product and equipment attachable to it, such as lighting.
We will reply to you within the next business day.
Please feel free to contact us.